Interview Research

 Interview Research

Before my mock interview with the BBC, I decided to research into how to conduct myself in a Interview, what to wear and not to wear, different question I might be asked and how to answer them and about behavioral interviewing. 

Conducting this research has really helped me to understand how I should act in an interview and how I might be tested about my work style and personality.


On the government website they also have a section about all sorts on interview you may have for an interview and they describe how to deal with them. They have done this in order to help and support people who have an interview.
They say interviews are important as is gives employers to have a chance to see if you are the right person for the job, which is very true as employers want people who can fit in with their business but also who have a passion for their business.
They also provide a list of what type of interviews you may have such as one to one, panel and group, small descriptions are given in order to explain what they are and why they are important.
Each business will do different types of interviews or process as each business is different and have different needs and personalities to work. This is able to help me as I do not know which interview style I may have so it helps to prepare for all different sorts of interviews styles. 
To prepare for an interview, I must also read the job description and personal specification carefully as I need to be clear on the skills and qualities that the business is looking for, Find more about the business and its services, Go over my CV or application, prepare examples that show I have the right skills, make sure I know where the interview is being held and how to get their and lastly wear a suitable and comfortable outfit. 
Government Website - Click Here

What are Top Ten Tips I would give?

1) Dress for the job 
2) Listen to the questions they ask
3) Don't Be Late
4) Use propitiate Language
5) Good no verbal communication
6) Be Polite
7) Research into the business before hand
8) Have a copy of your CV
9) Know where interview is being held
10) Handshake
These are the top ten tips I would give to someone who is about the have an interview, these tips are very useful as many employers will look for all these qualities. By applying these tips to an interview will enhance your chances of getting a job. I will also following these tips for my interview in order to come across prepared, smart and to show the employer I am suitable for the job.

Comments

Popular Posts