Business Card Design
Researching into existing business cards
Looking into already existing business cards I have found that many of them have the same running theme with all of them, they all include there business logo in the design of them. Looking at these business card designs they have their logo and name on one side of the card and then important information such as telephone number, contact details, location and etc.
Designing a Business Card For Bea Productions
Before I began designing my business card I decided to plan out what types of information I needed on my business card and types of theme I should use for them. I knew I am wanted a simplistic or minimalist theme card as many it is very modern and more eye catching but also it is very more professional compared to other cards that have too much information or too much color which isn't cohesive together.
Business Card Design One:
My First Design is a very simplistic style of business card so the client can easily read the card. For my first design I had the mind set to create it as simple as I can and go off from this design.
I added the a Slogan Saying "Were Dreams Fly" in order to add more to the card as there was to much empty space on the card which does not look right to me.
green outlined flowers in order to link the back and the front together so they did not look like two different cards. I used a different font as the font I used for the slogan would not fit and would not be able to read properly and i felt that these fonts needed to be associated with the logo more.
I liked designing the back of the card due to simplicity, It feels very professional.
Business Card Design Two:
My second design for my business card is not my favorite design as in my opinion it looks childish and not much effort has been placed into it. The green honey comb around the edges look very out of place and not cohesive with the design in the middle of the card. If I got rid of the honey comb around the edges I believe it would look much better but the logo and font do not match in color due to technical difficulties.
I decided to change the color to a golden yellow to see if it would look better and more cohesive which it does but still looks very childish and unprofessional to me. I changed the water color under the logo to more of a orange yellow color to see if it would make the logo and font stand out more but it does not seem too.
I will not be using this type of design for my business cards are they are very unprofessional and feels as if I have put no effort into the design. But i did put it in my feedback survey too back up my thought process and truly know if this type of business card would fail to grab attention while looking professional.
Business Card Design Three:
For the Back of the card I believed a honeycomb effect would be the best to match the front of the card.
On the back of the card, I filled it in with the necessary information I would need to add such as phone number, website, email and socials so people are able to find the business easy on any platform.
During Designing this card I decided I had to redesign the logo for the business due to the logo not fitting into the aesthetic but also I felt as if I t did not suit the business it's self.
Logo Redesign Business Cards
After redesigns the business logo, I got straight on to creating different types of business cards suitable for the business.
First Design
For my first design with my new logo I decided to try a simple type of business card that would suit my logo and media productions.For the color palate I chose many different types of yellow as it links to the bee logo but also this was the best color to show the logo compared to others. I wanted to ensure when you see the card it is eye catching so using different bright colors can ensure that.
For the back of the card, I used the same layout for the front of the card to keep the continuity but I changed the colors slightly as wanted to experiment and not make the front from back distinguishable. The font I used was a sans font in order for it to be readable but also to still give the business card the simplistic design I wanted.
For the back of the card, I used the same layout for the front of the card to keep the continuity but I changed the colors slightly as wanted to experiment and not make the front from back distinguishable. The font I used was a sans font in order for it to be readable but also to still give the business card the simplistic design I wanted.
This design is one of my favorite designs I have made as it is very simple design but very eye catching but how the logo is so connected with the design as the yellow dropping down looking like honey.
Second Design
The back of the business card has the basic information I would need on a business card such as Name, telephone number, email address, website and social media platforms. The font goes very well with the card design and it is easy to read but I know I could improve this design with different font or a change to the background as it does not give much for the design.
Third Design
The back of the card design is very much like the front, I add the basic information I would need like phone, website etc. I like the design of the back of the card as it makes the name highlighted and the information is very easily to read due to the black background and white easy font.
Survey Feedback
In order to see which design was the best to use, I decided to create a google forms survey with all my different business cards designs and find out. I has 16 responses all together and most of them all agreed on one business card design.
Survey Link- https://forms.gle/xwnm2dKKXJKVt5rh7
The First question I asked was which one was their favorite business card design, I gave them an option of four different design of business cards. 56.3% of them agreed that the first business card design was their favorite out of all them. The first business card design is the first business card logo re design. The second favorite was the second design which was third business logo redesign card.
From this I know that my audience like a design with bright and fun colors on the cards what matches the business logo perfectly due to the design of the card.
The second question I asked was what back card design was their favorite as I wanted opinions of the back of the card as well, I mainly wanted to know if the font was easy to read and match the theme of the card. From the survey I have found many people loved the back of the first design, which is the back of the first business re-design. Bright and colorful seems to be the design they are leaning towards as they are very eye catching and easy to read from the font being easy to read but also the background.
For my Third question I asked for any positive comments from the audience to see if there were particular parts of the design they really liked and enjoyed, I gained many comments such as "Lovely designs" or "Amazing designs" which give me great comfort knowing that the audience thoroughly enjoyed my designs.
For my Fourth and final question I asked if there was anything I could Improve with my designs and majority had said no but some people had said to "Change Colors" or "Improve fourth Design". From this I was able to see that many people did not like my fourth design but also the colors I used for my second, third and fourth were not really be related as they did not have hint like the first one.
From this feedback I was able to decided that my First business card is one of the best designs to use as I gained much positive feedback from the audience about it and it is the one with the most color to make it more eye catching like I wanted it to be.
I am glad many other like this design as it was my favorite one to make but also the design it self was the best one due to the color palate down to the design of the drips of honey around the business card.
The small font over the Bea Productions "Film and Media", I added it so people would identify the business with the media and film industry.


















Comments
Post a Comment