BBC Mock Interview
Mock Interview brief and Research
As part of my B1 I had to have a mock interview with David Long-worth at the BBC, he engages college and uni students to come work at the BBC and runs the internship department.
Weeks before the interview he gave a small brief for us, the brief was to prepare a pitch about any show we wanted to create for the BBC.
This pitch template really helped me to figure out what type of product I was going to create for the BBC.
I first decided to create a TV show as I have a passion for them but also I have understand more of the work and story-line people put in to create a TV show than a podcast or a Online Channel.
I first started to watch all sorts of TV Shows to see what genre I should create and which ones gets the most interactions with the audience. I watched all sorts of genre of show such as Vampire Diaries, the society, Reacher , One of us is lying, Eastenders and many other shows. After watching the TV Shows I looked on social media platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Reddit in order to see the audience interactions with the shows. I found that the teenager drama shows have a lot of audience reactions compare to older shows. They would write about their personal likes and dislikes about the shows or edit clips of the TV shows and put them on platforms.
I began to research into the religion of the Northeast, which turned out was very Celtic and paganism during the viking times. From their I decided I would do show all about Celtic covens and gods and goddesses.
From there I wrote many different types of tropes to involve and started to create the narrative of the story.
Creating My Pitch
From writing a small bit for the the story line I was able to develop the story more as I began to create my pitch in Canva.
I first started to write out the structure David suggested we have the pitch in, I did this as the structure as allows me to show the development behind the idea, what it is about, the problems, character development and market place.
This is pitch template I followed for my pitch presentation.
On my presentation I made sure to make it look tidy and presentable while also showing the genre of the TV Show of each slide. I added many pictures and not much words in to make it look professional but information as I only kept information important to the story.
Canva Pitch - Click Here
BBC Mock Interview Video
Here is the screen recording of my interview with David Long-worth, In the video you can see how I present myself, answer his questions, how I have dressed, my behavior and how I conducted myself through the interview. Here are some photographs Sally had taken while I presented my pitch.
Mock Interview Video - Click Here
After the Interview, I felt more relaxed as it was not as scary as I believed it to be and gain many positive feedback about my pitch and my idea. I am happy with how the interview went and how I conducted myself all the way through the interview. David asked many questions after the interview about post production and pre-production and made me expand my knowledge on how I would officially go through with pitching a TV Show for a company.






Comments
Post a Comment