Personal Statement
Personal Statement
In this post it shows my progression from my first to final draft of my personal statement. Personal Statement is a document used when applying to universities and apprenticeships through UCAS it might be needed for jobs as well.
I researched and used resources provided to me on how to structure my personal statement and each paragraphs should have a different information in. College provided many different UCAS workshops which helped me a lot to understand the structure but also lectures checking my personal statement helped me improve immensely as they gave me much feedback.
First Draft
Feedback received and action taken:
Advice Given: "more specific about your interest"
Action Taken: I have talked more about how film is more of my interest in passion and how film has effected me.
Advice Given: "Who are you inspired by?"
Action Taken: I added about how Joss Whedon inspired me to have an interest in the film and media industry as his work has inspired me and made me think I can also become like him.
Advice Given: " Do you see a future career in this area"
Action Taken: I stated that I can see myself in the industry as an producer or a director and how I can develop the skill set of becoming one.
Advice Given: "Examples of the campaigns you have worked on"
Action Taken: I add information about how college provide much client briefs for us to create many products for.
Second Draft
Feedback
Advice Given: Talk more about who inspires you in the industry
Action Taken: I decided to talk more about Joss Whedon and how he had an big impact on me.
Advice Given: Talk more about the skills you developed
Action Taken: I add more information about how I developed skills with much of the software like photoshop, premiere pro and DaVinci
Advice Given: Rewrite last sentence as you do not feel confident
Action Taken: Rewrote the sentence to make look more confident.
Third draft
Feedback
Advice given: Take out a few of highlighted sentences
Action taken: I took out the sentences and re wrote it to better
Advice Given: Add more information of skills you have gained
Action Taken: I add more about skills and responsibilities
Final Personal Statement used in my UCAS
After many drafts I have finally wrote my personal statement which stands up to my own standards but also I made sure that it is very professional as I want to make sure universities take me seriously in order for me to get an offer.
I am very happy with the out came of my final personal statement as it explain who I am, what I can do and how I can benefit from the courses I have applied for.


Comments
Post a Comment