My Inspirations

My Inspirations

When I was in secondary school, I had my heart really set on becoming an author and writing my own stories as C. S. Lewis really inspired after I read Narnia. I began reading other authors books and researching into different genres when I found about how movies are based on real life books, I never knew that people would re create books into tv shows and movies.

When I finally realized that books were created into movies and Tv shows I began to watch them all then read the books to see the differences between them and trying to understand why they would create them. I was so interested in movies of how they could recreate a scene from a book in almost perfect detail and then I realized that some people are better at watching a scene play out then reading it play out on paper.


After my discovery, I began to look more at the film industry and how it is structured. I knew the roles of directors and editors but all the other jobs such as costumes, hair and makeup, producer and many more I had no knowledge of. The job of producer, director and screenwriters really interested me in media as they all help create the narrative of the story and build up the world around the story. They are similar of being an author as an author writes the words on paper where as director, screenwriters and producers create a world on the screen so people can see it in full.

While in my researching phase with movies and books, I got really interested in the Marvel cinematic Universe as the movies were based on comics written by Stan Lee. I was interested in how they took a comic book and turned it into a full-length film while keeping true to the storyline and characters.

From the comics the characters all had a certain personality that played into the narrative but when they brought the comic to the screen it really brought the comic to life of how the actors really portrayed the characters down to the smallest detail. Then I also realized that costume, set design and make up played a large part in helping to bring these characters to life as everything you see on screen had to be like the comics so it would feel authentic.

Joss Whendon was the director of The Avengers, the first Marvel movie I saw. Whendon was able to capture the all the characters in one movie while telling the narrative which I believe is incredible as it was the first movie where all the characters were together.  He was very passionate about this project as he loved these characters and really wanted to capture how they would truly interact with each other but their own unique fighting styles.

Joss Whendon start from 1989 as a staff writer on the sitcoms Roseanne and Parenthood as a script writer. He was uncredited writer on films such as the Getaway, Speed, Waterworld and Twister. Whendon  was writing the early drafts of x men while also as he was script consulting on buffy the vampire slayer movie, alien resurrection, Titan A.E and Atlantis the Lost Empire which gave him a lot of publicity as they were well loved by the audience. 

Whendon as co wrote Toy Story along side Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow, which earned him a shared Academy award nomination for the best screenplay. He became one of the highest paid screenwriters when his Afterlife script got sold to Columbia pictures for 1.5 million.

Buffy the vampire slayer was one of Joss Whendon biggest success in his career as the series received numerous awards and nominations, including Emmy Awards nominations for writing many episodes of Buffy.

Joss Whendon has scripted and executive produced many tv and movies from so many different franchises and business as his scripting writing really helps to sell the narrative and the characters to the audience with his dialog. 


After watching Marvel, the Avengers I found the Harry Potter franchise.

The Harry Potter franchise established my thoughts of going into the media industry as I was so impressed on how the directors, screenwriters, producers, editors and many more were able to capture the world J.K. Rowling created and produce on a large scale and bring the world to life. I was so interested on how they were able to bring a book to life from simple words on paper to physically objects and so detailed at that.

I was very impressed that they did not just make it look like the fantasy world but also how they were able to capture the feelings and thoughts of the characters themselves. The actors they casted were incredible as they were able to portray their characters even when they are talking by their body language.

Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite movie of the Harry Potter movies series as I believe it is one of the best ones that really captured everything the books was trying to tell. 

The narrative of the story was never lost in the movie once and how you can physically and mentally see how the characters have developed into the teenagers they are supposed to be in the books. The director Alfonso Cuaron and screenwriter Steve Kloves were too passionate about the Harry Potter series and put all their energy into creating a world on screen for the audience.

After falling in love with the Harry Potter franchise I was sure that I wanted to go into the creative media industry for a career either as a director, producer or a screenwriter.




Comments

Popular Posts